Monday, January 30, 2012

Weber's and Rinne's test

This one is pretty well known but thought I'd add it anyway.

Weber's test -
tuning fork on forehead.
Loud on one side:
= conductive loss on same side
or
= sensorineural loss on opposite side

Rinne's test -
tuning fork next to ear and on mastoid process.
Normal = Air louder than bone (+ve rinne's)
Conduction loss = Bone louder than air (-ve rinne's)
Sensorineural = Both the same

N
ext time you see someone actually doing this test, please take a photo and sent it to me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey tim you are doing great job man.. pls continue your work..

Irina Lavrova said...

... and to me!!! :)

Anonymous said...

very helpful, thanks

Anonymous said...

Where are you Tim??

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!