Sunday, September 11, 2011

ECG interpretation with one glance

Often I find someone hands you an ecg print out, points to one lead and says "...obviously the defect is antero-lateral to the septal portion of the apex" (or something similar). So here's a neat picture based way to remember which lead covers which area.

All ECG's are presented in this format:
and I like to superimpose the following picutres:
So Lead I, aVL, V5 and V6 are lateral (picture of Caffe Latte), Lead II, III and aVF are inferior (Info sign), chest leads V1 and V2 are septal (7 in french, sept), chest lead V3 + V4 are anterior (Ant). Don't worry about aVR - I don't think anyone ever does. So just like in the kids game, all you have to do is remember where each of the pictures are.

2 comments:

مركز الشعلة said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!